Re: [Question #275459]: Damping in Hertz-Mindlin contact law

Bettina Suhr gave more information on the question:
Hi lichangsheng,

thanks for you answer. I had a look at (cundall, 1979). There it says
“The viscous damping in shear direction is not applied when sliding
occurs”. Would you agree that in (tsuji, 1992) it is described
differently? As I understand it, here shear force is calculated as sum
of constitutive law and damping, and then the Mohr-Coulomb criterion is
checked. Is the approach in the cundall paper better/more correct? Is it
really intended that there exist cases, where Mohr-Coulomb criterion is
violated (as I described above)?

Thanks,
Bettina