Re: [Question #284508]: Grid rendering incorrectly in glviewer

Hi Matt,

> Hi all. I've been working on my simulation and the code is working well
> for the most part. However, after setting grids to appear in the general
> view using the controller (by pressing g in the simulation view), I've
> noticed that the gridlines don't render very well when I line the view up
> with a co-ordinate axis. This effect can clearly be seen in the below
> image, and occurs in both orthogonal and perspective views, regardless of
> subdivision size.
>

> http://postimg.org/image/q29lk93vp/

I have tried grid on two computers
- laptop,    Ubuntu 14.04, qt4 build, with the same problem you showed on
the picture.
- desktop, Ubuntu 15.10, qt5 build, and it looked smooth as I would expect.
So qt4 vs qt5 could be one reason. However, some other software or hardware
differences may be the source problem as well, I am not really familiar
with this issue, so probably somebody else (Anton?) could help more..

> Additionally, is there any way of coding the python script to include
> these grids automatically, without having to manual activate them with the
> controller and view?

renderer = yade.qt.View()
renderer.grid = (True,True,True) # or some other combination of True/False
for x,y,z

cheers