Re: [Question #285535]: Keeping track of internal energy in the Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment contact law

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi Tijan,

Kinetic energy is not specific to any contact law, that is why you don't find it in a contact law:
KE=kineticEnergy(), just as in your question.

I checked the code after our discussion. I see that traceEnergy is there
in the class but there is no mechanism to actually trace as there is in
Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack [1].

I will commit a fix in minutes.

Bruno

[1]
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/master/pkg/dem/ElasticContactLaw.cpp#L73