Re: [Question #286479]: uniaxial tension-compression test

I want to understand what the number in doModes means?

the number is a binary mask, (compression)(tension). So the combinations
(0b in the beginning meaning binary represenation)
0 = 0b00 = no tension, no compression
1 = 0b01 = tension only
2 = 0b10 = compression only
3 = 0b11 = tension + compression

in the script "&" (doModes & someNumber) operator is used to test if the
specific bit is 1 or 0. e.g.
0b1X & 2 = 0b1X & 0b10 = 1, with the result meaning compression is enabled
for any X
0b0X & 2 = 0b0X & 0b10 = 0, with the result meaning compression is disabled
for any X

I want to run CPM for compressio.

Still, what is the problem here? :-) what king of compression? uniaxial,
multiaxial? periodic or not? What should be the result of the simulation? I
think this part of question is not related to CPM at all, more like to
simulation strategy itself. If you want a good answer, you have to ask good
question with more details than just "I want to run compression" :-)

cheers