Re: [Question #290372]: Young modulus computation

> But according to your opinion is it logic to compute an average for E!!
> specially when there is a great deference between tow young modulus? for
> example in my practice, the interaction young modulus is very close to 'E'
> of mat1 and very far from 'E' of mat2.
> Is there any other suggestion or experience of computation of 'E' of
> interaction?
> 'average' may be a good approach for computation of 'friction angle' of
> interaction; but may be bad for 'E'

well, it is not my opinion, it is actual implementation :-) Of course you
are free to implement your own formula, or change material parameters of
the interaction as you want:

for i in O.interactions:
  mat1 = O.bodies[i.id1].mat
  mat2 = O.bodies[i.id2].mat
  E1,E2 = mat1.young, mat2.young
  i.phys.E = whatever(E1,E2)
  i.phys.kn = pi*pow(i.crossSection,2)*i.phys.E / i.phys.refLength
  # similarly for other parameters

cheers