Re: [Question #292870]: how to block the rotations of loading plates?

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Ok, as a conclusion, UniaxialStrainer does update the blockedDOF of the
designated bodies [1]. Then, as I just said, your plates are no more
completely blocked (once the simulation actually starts), and may rotate
if they have to.

The solution to your problem is to use the "blockRotations" (!)
attribute of UniaxialStrainer [2]. Just define it as True in your
script, and plates won't rotate any more.

As a side note, you may consider to use the "blockDisplacement"
attribute as well

And as another side note, I would personally recommand not to use such
engine as UniaxialStrainer if your only goal is to define a constant
velocity to your loading plates. Blocking the DOFs as you did (twice !)
and assigning state.vel does perfectly the trick, and prevents any
hidden unwanted operation you are not aware of.

[1]https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/db8b1b3eb2677828264471d28996d3f2f65569c4/pkg/dem/UniaxialStrainer.cpp#L18 and following lines
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.UniaxialStrainer.blockRotations