Re: [Question #293247]: Physic interaction betweem particles and polyhedra

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Yes, this is what I meant (in case your non-spherical bodies are all of
the same type, either Facet or Box, you may remove either Bo1_Box_Aabb()
; Ig2_Box_Sphere_ScGeom() or Bo1_Facet_Aabb() ;
Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom())

This being said, I realize my lengthy answer may not be directly related
to your initial problem, I am sorry...

I now understand you have different material parameters (these en,es)
for different bodies. Usually, YADE handles this at the bodies
"material" properties level [1].

For instance, simulations with "FrictPhys" handle like a charm different
friction angles for sphere-sphere and sphere-box interactions. We just
put different values for the frictionAngle attribute of the sphere or
box bodies' Material [2], and one unique Ip2
(Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys) does the job giving different local
friction angles for sphere-sphere and sphere-box interactions.

Here, the design of Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys is flawed in my
point of view (I'm not used to MindlinPhys, though) if these en,es,krot
are material parameters that can be different among bodies. Because
including these parameters in Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys prevents
playing with different parameters the same way as frictionAngle within
FrictPhys (hence your problem)..

I see two possible solutions to your problem, both involving modifying
the source code

- either modifying the source code of Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys
to detect the shape of interacting bodies and assign distinct en,es in
accordance. From my point of view, this would not conform the classical
YADE design I exposed in #6, I agree thus with Jan it would be "hacky"

- removing these en,es from Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys to insert
them in a (new ?) material class. Which would make more sense, from my
point of view.

Further discussion would require other people more used to MindlinPhys than me. Hope it still helps....

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.Body.material
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FrictMat.frictionAngle