Re: [Question #295745]: Do bending or twisting moment contribute to cohesive bond breakage ?

VG posted a new comment:
Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your response.

So in the current implementation, the bending moment and twisting moment
act on the particle but do not contribute to the breakage of bonds in
any way.

>when the contact is in tension, i.e. Fn < 0 , does the equation above actually reduce the value of maxFs ?
>>Yes indeed, if cohesion and friction are combined this is what happens

I am still confused about the second question.
I understand that when the two particles are slightly overlapping, i.e. in compression, maxFs = shearAdhesion + Maximum friction force. In other words, the shear force is carried by these two different components. However, when the contact is in tension, particles are not in touch and the friction shouldn't act. In that case, why should friction interfere in the value of maxFs ? Shouldn't maxFs  simply be equal to shearAdhesion ?

Thanks
Varun