Re: [Question #295810]: CPM contact parameters (stiffness & friction angle)

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
I don't see a problem in adding a new algo, but I don't understand
precisely which algorithm you would like.

In (C1* E1+C2*E2)/(C1+C2) the problem I see is that you have a dependency on 4 parameters instead of 2.
If it is really what you need C1 and C2 will have to be additional material parameters, hence new classes.
Or new data is added to the MatchMaker itslef to define those constants (but then someone will want to have different values of C1,C2 for different types of materials, not possible with only one MatchMaker, it is a circular loop).
Isn't it possible to compute the constant (C1* E1+C2*E2)/(C1+C2) once in your script and use the "val" algorithm?

 Bruno

side note: I don't understand the physical relevance of this weighted
average you suggest