Re: [Question #297125]: jointedcohesivefrictionalPM packInGtsSurface example not working?

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

The packInGtsSurface first generates a sphere packing, thanks to randomDensePack() function. Here you're stuck during the call to this function, as shown by the "KeyboardInterrupt" message you get.
Your problem is just randomDensePack() here takes too long to execute (randomDensePack executes a hidden triaxial simulation, so it is normal it takes some time. But I agree it should not take so long)

As a "solution" I recommend (as README suggest) you launch gravityBis.py
(see the README). Let us know if you face the same issues.

Jerome

PS: In fact, this issue is worth investigating (I'll try): I tried the script packInGtsSurface on two different YADE versions, and things were fast and smooth with an old version, and I got the same annoying behavior as you with a recent version...