Re: [Question #298001]: Input Kn and Ks directly

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
You were right giving a closer look than me to the IPhys functor lists,
but I would like to point to the fact that this
Ip2_FrictMat_FrictViscoMat_FrictViscoPhys.kn attribute is not directly
the contact stifness of interactions.

Ip2_FrictMat_FrictViscoMat_FrictViscoPhys.kn (when defined) is a MatchMaker !
Which computes the contact stiffness from material properties according to some predefined---in the MatchMaker---relationship

Regarding your PyRunner idea, you guessed it correctly: it would work (correcting the newly created interactions with a one iteration delay...), maybe slowly..

PS: as an historical remainder (you are maybe aware of), a lot DEM codes have been written in such a way that kn and ks were directly defined.
Compared with classical YADE formulations, it has the drawback giving different macroscopic results (in terms e.g. of Young modulus) according to the mean particle diameter. With classical YADE formulations, the macroscopic results are unchanged for different mean diameters, giving back to the material parameters their role of .. material parameters.