[Question #313648]: randome dense packing in a cylinder with a wire on its axis-howto?

Hi All

I am new to Yade and this is my first post.

I am trying to generate a random dense packing in  a cylinder with  a fine wire on its axis:
my problem : the wire size being much smaller than the sphere diameter, the spheres overlap it completely and make it "useless as such"
Can someone could provide some advice for improving this packing...? ( I would like the sphere against the wire not inside..)
Thanks a lot

JF

the instructions I use are pretty simple ( copied and slightly adapted  from some example):

###geometry definition
rIn=0.75 # wire radius
rOut=13 #cylinder radius
length=320 # cylinder length
rS=2.6 #sphere radius

poly=((rIn,length),(rOut,length),(rOut,0),(rIn,0),(rIn,length))
thetas=arange(0,2*pi,pi/24)
pts=pack.revolutionSurfaceMeridians([[(pt[0],pt[1]) for pt in poly] for theta in thetas],thetas)
surf=pack.sweptPolylines2gtsSurface(pts,capStart=True,capEnd=True,threshold=1e-2)
### add surface to the simulation
O.bodies.append(pack.gtsSurface2Facets(surf,color=(1,0,0)))
#####generate the packing and add it to the simulation
sp=SpherePack()
sp=pack.randomDensePack(pack.inGtsSurface(surf),radius=rS,returnSpherePack=True)
sp.toSimulation()