Re: [Question #313437]: The relationship between stress tensor and stress vector

have a look at [1]
3x3 matrix is a matrix representation of stress tensor
((mxx,mxy,mxz),(myx,myy,myz),(mzx,mzy,mzz)), which is possibly not symmetric
1x6 vector is Voigt notation (vxx,vyy,vzz,vyz,vzx,vxy), shear components
being average of tensor shear componetns, e.g. vxy=.5*(mxy+myx)
cheers
Jan

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voigt_notation