Re: [Question #315039]: How to reset contact properties?

James X proposed the following answer:
I'm new to Yade as well, so my advice might be sub-optimal, but I also
need to modify the interactions between materials to be something other
than their default. I think [1] might be something useful for you, as
this (and the link inside the first answer) is the advice I used. If
not, just search for "change interactions" in the questions search, and
it should lead you to something that may be useful.

One quick thing I noticed, though, is that JCFpmMat have slightly
different object properties/methods than the materials in the answers.
So instead of the loop they used to modify interactions, I used (as an
example):

for i in O.interactions:
  mat1 = O.bodies[i.id1].mat
  mat2 = O.bodies[i.id2].mat
  if( (mat1==special_mat) or (mat2==special_mat) ):
        i.phys.kn = 0.3*i.phys.kn   #make it weaker if special_mat is involved

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/238797