[Question #374814]: What time step is prescribed?

The minimum time step can be calculated from the collision of two ball time divides by 5 or 50. But when I use Hertzian model the stiffness is high and the time step is too low. But If Linear force model is used then low stiffness can be used through which higher time step is achieved.

I want to use Hertz model, can I use a time step of 1e-4 for steel balls colliding.

As Yade uses both the force models at requisite, how does it choose the time step for hertz model. And do the computation fast?