Re: [Question #378138]: Rolling Resistance

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

Indeed, you may check from [1] that Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys.krot directly equals the rolling stiffness MindlinPhys.kr
In the end, there is no rolling resistance parameters for Mindlin model in the "Material" class (not the usual way in YADE, I would say), as you got it. In particular, the friction angle Material parameter is for another purpose.

This being said, I am not used to Mindlin model either. You may try
defining Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys.ktwist as well, in order to
activate another type of rolling resistance. For now, with "krot",
you're only restricting --- if things go as planned --- one kind of
rolling relative movement.

You may also try with a two spheres example to check if your definition
of contact law/parameters actually leads to resisting moment at the
particle interaction scale.

[1]
https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/6d4a0d1689c6bad2dbdd6e27d1653418f7fc6498/pkg/dem/HertzMindlin.cpp