[Question #402779]: issue about irregular shape generation

Sir, I am working on a project about granulars with irregular shapes----ballasts which used on train track ballast bed. The shape has great influence on the mechanical behavior of ballast bed. So I want to simulate the irregular shape of ballast precisely. As common methods using finite number of spheres bonded up to generate irregular shape granular like PFC3D, but it still can't accurate describe the contact relation between ballasts as it still relies on the Hertz contact theory between ball to ball.
So I have a question that does YADE can generate the  polyhedrons instead of cluster of balls bonded up?
As different from spheres, the contact detection and calculation between polyhedrons have to redifined. So does YADE have the contact algorithm between polyhedrons? or new contact algorithm could the be writen into the procedure of YADE(the algorithm may take the non smooth contact method)?