[Question #402828]: Control the normal stress fluctuation in the direct shear box modeling

Dear all,

I'm modeling the direct shear box right now.

I made vertical compression of the assembly with a moving wall until the pre-defined compressing force is reached. And then I made the shear.  However, during the shear, the normal force deviated from the pre-defined value.

After I checked the references, I know during the shear process, the desired compressing normal force can be  regulated to stay the same by moving the upper plate up or down, depending on the actual compressing force value. However, how to adjust? Anyone can give me some hints?