Re: [Question #403169]: the sensibility of the number of the bodies

thanks, the motivation why to use PBC is clear. Just that they might not
reflect the reality in the best way (like failure under uniaxal
compression).. The other points I mentioned also may play some role

You can try to run several simulations for each size and do some statistics
(average and standard deviation). I have tried your script with 10000 and
40000 particles and the results were not "dramatically altered", maybe
averaging a few runs would give you better answer that just comparing two
individual simulations. If you did it already and the results for different
sizes differs a lot, you can be pretty sure that the number of particles is
not enough to obtain "steady" results.

cheers