[Question #403426]: how to compute the shear strain

        I read the part "DEM Background" on the YADE website, I confused by the "shear strain" because I could not understand the meaning of  (△uT) 1,(△uT) 2. I found the similar question "Questions about shear strain algorithm in Yade" and checked Alonso2004 and Luding2008. I knew the (△uT) 3, but still can not understand (△uT) 1 and (△uT) 2. Are there more details about them? Thank you.