Re: [Question #403846]: JCF Contac Law

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Your simulation is more difficult to interpret than it seems.

Because of your initial geometry and the applied relative displacement,
both shear and normal relative displacements evolve in your example. As
such, it is not a pure shear test in my opinion.

This being said, it seems (from what I've read in the above) your bond
still fails because Ft (shear force) reaches its maximum value Ftmax.
When this occurs you obviously have as well some normal force and the
corresponding normal force value depends on the normal relative
displacement.

Rephrasing what Luc said, changing "poisson" modifies the relative
displacement (with his normal and shear components) that triggers the
shear failure. Because of that, it is not surprising changing poisson
also affects the measured normal force at shear failure.

Jerome