Re: [Question #403713]: friction damping under different contact law

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Regarding NewtonIntegrator.damping, I would say the default value (0.2)
is a "good" one, if this adjective makes sense.

Anyway, the best for you is most probably to play yourself with this attribute and see how (if) it affects your simulations, and use the lowest possible value in the end
(Since it does not correspond to anything physical, the lower the better)

As for viscous damping, I personally have no experience with it. The
same recipe (playing with it and observe the effects) can be advised
though.