Re: Yade installation questions

Hi David,

> I have just finished installing Yade from source on our RedHat 6.3 cluster.
> That is, to be more precise, I installed Yade with the GUI component
> switched off. The build was eventually successful and I was then able to run
> both “yade –check” and “yade –test” without any issues. On the other hand
> when I tested a script provided by the user I noticed that my Yade could not
> find the Gl1_Sphere attribute/command. Is that because I build Yade with
> GUI=OFF?

Pay attention, if you switched off the GUI, the user-script should not
contain any GUI-related code.

> I then attempted to build the GUI version. The build (make) process
> completed successfully, however I found that “make install” failed looking
> for a file called “img_rc.py”. I cannot find any trace of this file in the

img_rc.py is generated in gui/CMakeLists.txt. during the configuration
step of the build. It would be good to read the output from CMake on
this stage.

> Yale source distribution, and so I have no idea how to progress the GUI
> build. In this respect I have installed qt v4, however not PyQt4 – is the
> latter package required?

For GUI-enabled builds - yes, you need it and for build time and for runtime.

Cheers,

Anton