Re: [Question #404284]: The meaning of periodic boundary

liukeqi is still having a problem:
Hi Jan,

   You mean that I shoud use the common boundary and large DEM sample rather than periodic boundary and small DEM RVE.

   But if periodic boundary can simulate the response approximating the large system, why do not use it?

   I can explain that the large system costs too much to simulate, but
the result is same as RVE using periodic boundary. So we can compare the
results between RVE and coupled method, and if they are basically the
same, then we can prove the coupled method is percise and efficient. My
explanation is correct or not?

Liu