Re: [Question #406523]: Cylinders and law2_ScGeom_ViscElPhys_Basic

Raphaël Maurin gave more information on the question:
I checked the interaction between the cylinder and the particle and it
is of type ViscElPhys so that there is apparently no reason for which
the error on the first message occurs. I also found that it is possible
to keep only the Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack() and  remove the
Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys() , without leading to the crash...but
then, no idea why all that.

If I use the ViscElMat with kn, ks and cn, cs, and add the  Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack(), the results I obtain is the one looking like the ViscElBasic contact law, as I indeed have a damping of the rebound.
for that, use
O.materials.append(ViscElMat(kn=1e7, ks = 5e6, cn = 1e5,cs = 0., density=2500, frictionAngle=0.4, label='Mat'))
instead of the other definition.

Weirdly the rebound behave like if it was elastic when considering the
other way of defining the material, i.e. prescribing young, poisson and
restitution coefficient, which is supposed to be equivalent. In that
case, the contact is still ViscElPhys, but the damping cn is zero even
though it should be finite due to the restitution coefficient value.
This weird behavior is not only associated with the cylindrical shape as
if you add two particles bouncing on each other next to the cylinder,
you observe no dissipation as well.

That is getting worse....