Re: [Question #434659]: the displacement diagram using periodic boundary

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Hi,
I don't think you need evidence about that for writting a paper: the problem you are pointing out simply does not exist, so you better don't mention it. ;)
A periodic problem is infinite in size and you are seeing of it is through a small window. Depending on where you put the window you see a different average (rigid body) displacement. In yade we look at a 3D window with corners (0,0,0) and (1,1,1), the problem would look symmetric in the window from (-0.5,-0.5,-0.5) to (0.5,0.5,0.5) but it would still be the same problem. That is all.
In this context adding a constant disp is equivalent to changing the origin of the reference frame, it does not change the problem itself. It is of course acceptable to choose the origin as you like and it if arrows look nicer, it does not need to be commented in a paper.
I hope it helps
Bruno