Re: [Question #586294]: Uniform Traction Boundary

I supposing uniform-traction = applied constant stress. In this case, as
usually in **discrete** elements, it is a bit tricky to deal with
continuous stress :-)

You have several options
1) the one proposed by you
2) the same approach, but instead of applying force on just particles touching the walls (I would say it would be too loose), you define a layer and choose more particles
3) instead of one wall, you can "mesh" it, i.e. using several facets/boxes instead of one large one and applying corresponding force on them

The right choice depends on many factors, but in principle it is
possible.

cheers