Re: [Question #266828]: How to reset the repulsive forces at the beginning of a compression test

loiseaurare posted a new comment:
Hi Jerome,

I have been reading your comment on the introduction of an equilibrium distance using cohFrictMat.
I am not sure I understood properly what you point out :  my interrogation comes from reading this previous thread
 --> https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/295035,

where the problem of initial offset or undesired movements was not
raised.

I do not understand why there should be a problem in the first
computational loop, is it not possible to loop over all interactions in
order to set i.phys.unp = i.geom.penetrationDepht BEFORE entering the
actual computation loop ? Or does Yade need to actually perform a first
loop in order to set initial values of the simulation ?

Plus, I was also reading the thread

 discussing whether Yade would match the BPM model features, and you
mentioned that in JCFpmMat, the initial distance between particles is
automatically set as the equilibrium distance ? So there is no need to
use the initD function in order to achieve a zero stress state for
initial overlapping particles using that contact law ?

Regards