Re: [Question #266828]: How to reset the repulsive forces at the beginning of a compression test

Bruno Chareyre posted a new comment:
Hi,
>"I do not understand why there should be a problem in the first computational loop, is it not possible to loop over all interactions in order to set i.phys.unp = i.geom.penetrationDepht BEFORE entering the actual computation loop ?"

Because before first iteration bodies are there but no interactions yet (there are exceptions to this rule, maybe you have one in mind).
There are many ways to solve this problem, namely.
1/ set O.dt=0 and run one iteration in order to create the interactions in a fixed system, then set unp.
2/ execute "O.engines[1](); O.engines[2]()" (collision detection + interaction loop), then set unp
3/ wait until Janek get the feature implemented ;)
Bruno