Re: [Question #266828]: How to reset the repulsive forces at the beginning of a compression test

Jérôme Duriez posted a new comment:
Bruno already answered the first part of your question.
If I want to rephrase, I can say that most often the 1st computation loop is required to create the interaction network, thus no, it is not possible to set i.phys.unp = i.geom.penetrationDepth before this computation loop..
See Bruno's answer for ways to deal with this feature, or also another (less convenient ?) way in [1]

For the 2d part of your question and JCFpm, I confirm this initD attribute is automatically correctly defined at the interaction creation, see [2].
So, during a JCFpm simulation, you would actually use this initD attribute, but without knowing it.

Thank you for browsing the archives ! :-)

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#individual-interactions-on-demand
[2] https://github.com/yade/trunk/blob/e4e757f2e98a620e3177b7a36a1d10f69f6a6a28/pkg/dem/JointedCohesiveFrictionalPM.cpp#L39