Re: [Question #641561]: Hinge constraint between facets

Hello Alessandro,

> 1) Is it possible to add an hinge constraint between the lower edge of
the fin and the side of the cylinder, such that the fin can passively
open when the harpoon is re-tracted?

not directly, but in principle it is possible. A kind of penalty stiffness method put inside a PyRunner came to my mind, something like:
* dst = distance of hinges on both clumps = something
* force = dst * penaltyStiffness
* add forces and correcponding moments (excentricity of the force with respect to clump pos) to both clumps

> 2) Moreover, I created the geometry following some examples and
answers I found here. Is the procedure I used, to generate a dynamic
element made of facets, correct?

after a quick look it seems ok. If a rotation of clumped facets is
important in your simulation, maybe more precise mass then 1e-6 will be
needed for facets as the pos of the clump is computed based on pos and
mass of individual facets. You cen easily test if the difference between
computed and desired pos is negligible or not.

cheers