Re: [Question #657232]: Need suggestions on the computer server for YADE computation.

Gary Pekmezi posted a new comment:
I have an alternative suggestion you may not have thought of.

Instead of using the money to buy a server, you could use it to purchase
server time on one of the cloud-based servers. I will use Amazon's EC2
as an example, but I'm sure other IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
will work fine. You could for instance purchase time on several 36-core
Ubuntu-based compute-nodes. You could then run 9 8-thread jobs on each
node using hyper-threading.