Re: [Question #657232]: Need suggestions on the computer server for YADE computation.

it depends, as usually, on many factors. If you have independent
simulations, the most efficient from CPU point of view is to run as many
simulations simultaneously as the number of cores, each one on single
core (-j 1). But each simulation uses certain RAM and that might be a
problem with this approach. What RAM capacity have the machines?

If RAM is the problem, you can use -j 2, -j 3 or -j 4 (usually) without
very significant performance influence. In that case, I would decide
according to "total power" nCores*frequency.

In this specific case, I don't think that for running Yade 12 or 16
cores does not make much difference (using up to -j 4), as well as the
"total power" 12*3=36 and 16*2.6=41.6 is not too different..

So my resume is that according to given data, the computers are pretty
comparable..

cheers