Re: [Question #658037]: Incorporating Multiple Interaction Physics on Bodies

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>would the interaction loop look as follows?

Exactly.

>So, is there a way to add only adhesion between the particles using
Hertz-Mindlin contact?

Yes. Move "gamma" parameter from Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys to HertzMat, set gamma=0 for facets and make sure
Ip2_HertzMat_HertzMat_MindlinPhys will define "per interaction" gamma as min(mat1->gamma, mat2->gamma) or something like that (just like it is done for friction or adhesion in many functors).  In which case the engines loop would need just one Ip2 and just one Law2; IP2_HertzMat_HertzMat_MindlinPhys() and Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin().

Looking at HertzMindlin.hpp I realize that the implementation over-uses the trick of putting the material parameters in the Ip2 functor instead of material class (viscosity, adhesion, stiffness...). This is simpler on short term but not good practice in general, you just found why...
A "HertzMat" should have been introduced in the first place to keep those parameters. If you are doing a step in this direction we can consider including your changes later (for the first method I mentioned in #1 commiting was not an option since it involves mainly code duplication).

Bruno