Re: [Question #658037]: Incorporating Multiple Interaction Physics on Bodies

Austin Sutton posted a new comment:
Bruno,

--> "Yes. Move "gamma" parameter from Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_MindlinPhys to HertzMat, set gamma=0 for facets and make sure
Ip2_HertzMat_HertzMat_MindlinPhys will define "per interaction" gamma as min(mat1->gamma, mat2->gamma) or something like that (just like it is done for friction or adhesion in many functors). In which case the engines loop would need just one Ip2 and just one Law2; IP2_HertzMat_HertzMat_MindlinPhys() and Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin()."

I understand now. I'm not the most familiar with C++, but if I need to
take this route then I'll put in the time to modify the source code for
my needs.

This conversation has helped me a lot. Thank you for your help.