Re: [Question #658887]: Compression of a packing created using RegularOrtho

Xavier Thurman is still having a problem:
Dear Robert,

Thank you very much. This packing was made of regular structure, and
internal force increase gradually when it was compressed. According to
Fig. 1 in this paper (A DEM model for soft and hard rocks: Role of grain
interlocking on strength) , the compressive load may increase
continually when BPM was compressed gradually.

In my simulation, the displacement vs wall force curve increases
linearly at early loading stage, and this BPM explodes suddently when
this BPM was compressed into a obvious deformation stage. One reason
accounting for this phenomenon may be the great interaction force
between two interacting DEs when they were compressed into a big
penetration depth. I wonder whether the mechanical behavior of a regular
packing under compressive loads can be simulated in YADE ?

Xavier