Re: [Question #658887]: Compression of a packing created using RegularOrtho

Hi Xavier,

repeating Robert, please be more specific when the explosion occurs. I
have tried your script, running it 10000 time steps and nothing happens.
What is "obvious deformation stage"?

Concerning uniaxial loading of such regular structure (with
interactionDetectionFactor=1.25), I don't think it is a good idea. More
specifically, you have only vertical and horizontal bonds, so you should
theoretically (excluding some stability effects) get the same
(proportional) results simulating only one "column" of spheres.

Maybe at "obvious deformation stage"the diagonal interactions are
created, creating lateral tension in the sample and causing the
explosion?

Also I think (unless you have special reason for that) you should also
reset aabbEnlargeFactor and interactionDetectionFactor to 1.0 after the
first O.step()

cheers