Re: [Question #652968]: Implementing Local Damping

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
1- Is your question "how can I calculate porosity?". I would think it is trivial if the volume is defined by facets (you can use their positions).
2- There is no problem in changing parameters of O.materials. You'll need to make sure existing interactions are updated though (possibly looping over them to update some values).

Your copy-paste failed somehow, so I'm unable to read your script
without line-breaks. I would suggest pasting it in the launchpad
interface (I guess you sent by email?).

I must say I would be more inclined to help someone trying to avoid export/import of positions, because it will cause a number of superfluous problems later.
Positions alone do not define a mechanical state. Most of the information is lost in the pipe.

Bruno