Re: [Question #658938]: Modeling presence of water( a degree of saturation) in consolidation test

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
1) > it either results in the expulsion of air

As I told you it is not expulsing any fluid when growing because the
change of size is not reflected in the fluid model (the situation is in
fact more complex than that, this is the short answer). Why would it be
expulsing "air" now?? This is a one-phase flow model, remember.

> or just acts as a method to apply a certain initial compaction without
changing the porosity.

Growing particles is obviously changing the porosity. What do you mean?

2) I am a bit lost. What do you want to include and why?

3) Lost again. In #6 you show a script which is not plotting and you ask
why (and you suggest me to test it). That script was simply not
recording, hence not plotting. Now you say you actual script is
different and is really recording. Why then was I supposed to test the
script in #6?

I would suggest:
1/ Please be consistent in your questions, it will save time for us all.
2/ Please study the example scripts seriously, since in this thread and in the one on triaxial test it seems you are faciing problems which are addressed in the examples.

Bruno