Re: [Question #659526]: Triaxial test on dry granular material

> My only trouble is with the stress-strain plot. It has a lot of
fluctuations. Perhaps I need to find better set of data for my case. Any
suggestions with that ?

it depends on "a lot", certain fluctuations are expected since the simulation is dynamic. I would say strain rate would influence this significantly (at least for higher values).
Also compare the fluctuations to the maximum stress reached, maybe in the beginning of simulation there are seemingly a lot of fluctuations, but they are negligible with respect to desired stress.

> Also, is there a possibility to insert a certain porosity with the
RandomDensePack ?

no, randomDensePack is predefined function, but you can quite easily
create your own function based on the code of randomDensePack. e.g.
playinh with material friction angle (which is hardcoded in
randomDensePack), you can modify resulting porosity

> I get the following error:

it is no error, just info / warning

> No suitable packing in database found, running PERIODIC compression

info what is happening

> utureWarning: The default behavior will change; specify
returnSpherePack=True ...

you can change your code to (be careful with the material):

sp=pack.randomDensePack(..., returnSpherePack=True) # material has no effect in this case
sp.toSimulation(material='cpm') # put material specification here

> mICE default IO error handler doing an exit()

this is after you exit Yade? If so, I would not bother with it..