Re: [Question #660090]: can't open yade when I have already opened 64 yade

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>without display [...] xterm is also increasing the the number of
clients

Mmmmh... I see (I think).
So I would say the real problem was to use xterm in the first place. I'm guessing the purpose of all this is to control multiple Gauss points in parallel by manipulating threads, it doesn't need an "xterm" command.
Maybe something like "screen -d -m $filestart"?

We need more info on the problem, and actually if the problem is really
to manipulate threads it could be much easier to manipulate the threads
with python. The DEMxFEM coupling is a good example of this.

Bruno