Re: [Question #660585]: Why avoid reseting particle positions in DFNFlow?

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
>I don't think the DFNFlow scheme is truly poroelastic

No, no, that's fine. We are only speaking of re-meshing here. The volume changes are still calculated as usual because it uses the actual positions/velocities from O.bodies at each iteration, not the coordinates of the triangulated points.
In fact what happens now is what you describe in your last paragraph (in #4, using vertices ids).
Which stability problem are we speaking about??

>the current method cannot trick facets near a broken bond that does not
line up with an edge on the triangulation.

True. At the same time, it is very unlikely that two particles close to
each other will not share an edge - almost impossible unless you define
very large radius for remote interactions (>~2x diameter).

> I wonder if we could trick facets by looking for their intersection
with a broken bond,

A facet is a set of three edges, if there is no edge then there is no facet... or maybe I missed your point.
Cheers
Bruno