Re: [Question #661250]: I am trying to simulate uniaxial compression with DEM on yade. I would like to know how to introduce the hertz mindlin contact model to my model. Also, I need the model to be parallel bonded model, how do I do that in the python script?

Robert Caulk requested more information:
Hello Anay,

Firstly, please spend some time reading through [1 https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask].  It is hard to help you without more information (e.g. your code, your errors, etc.).  Try reformatting the question to "I can't seem to [insert problem]. Here is my code [insert code] here is the error I am encountering [insert error] here are the ways I've tried to solve the problem [insert tries] here are the other launchpad questions that seem to pertain to my problem [insert questions]". This way, you will likely see far better results.

To get you started: try starting with an example concrete script [2], and modifying it to what you desire.

>I would like to know how to check the number of elements generated in
the geometry in yade.

len(O.bodies)

should do the trick.

>Also, When I try to save the simulation it appears to save to the
directory i provide, but when i open that directory >its not saved
there. can you also help me with that?

Please be specific with how you save your simulation. In other words,
copy and paste the code you use.

Best,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask