Re: [Question #661250]: I am trying to simulate uniaxial compression with DEM on yade. I would like to know how to introduce the hertz mindlin contact model to my model. Also, I need the model to be parallel bonded model, how do I do that in the python script?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
>I want to include the parallel bond particle model in this code. How
>do I do that?

Are you referring to [1]? I don't have much experience with CPM, but
IINM, CPM is a bonded-particle model, featuring rate dependence,
plasticity, and damage. You can investigate CPM further in [2] to see if
it is the bonded model you are looking for.

>Also, is there any way to check which contact model and parameters
>yade is using in this code?

These are the model parameters:

 young=24e9,
 poisson=.2,
 sigmaT=3.5e6,
 frictionAngle=atan(0.8),
 epsCrackOnset=1e-4,
 relDuctility=30

concreteId=O.materials.append(CpmMat(young=young,frictionAngle=frictionAngle,poisson=poisson,density=4800,sigmaT=sigmaT,relDuctility=relDuctility,epsCrackOnset=epsCrackOnset,isoPrestress=isoPrestress))

more info on these can be found in [3].

>Regarding the save option, I open the display of the simulation in yade and
>hit save button given there. That's doesn't seem to be working in my case.

I recommend using the terminal. The command
O.save('nameOfState.yade.gz') will save the state of your simulation.

[1]Potyondy, D. O., & Cundall, P. A. (2004). A bonded-particle model for rock. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 41(8 SPEC.ISS.), 1329–1364. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2004.09.011
[2]http://beta.arcig.cz/lide/eudoxos/smilauer2010-phd-thesis.pdf
[3]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.CpmMat