Re: [Question #661926]: REFD method with clumps, but maintaining the proportion of clumps

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Thank you for shortening the script.
It seems you found a bug but I don't understand what happens in details, yet.

If you comment out "O.bodies.updateClumpProperties(discretization=250)" they grow as expected.
It seems the functions growParticles and updateClumpProperties don't play well together.

>a value that follows: new_radius=(multiplier^number_of_clumps)*initial_radius
That's exactly what your algorithm does indeed since you execute growParticles(multiplier=2) as many times as the number of clumps in O.bodies.

Before the bug is fixed I would suggest to not use
updateClumpProperties() in your case (you can always change mass/inertia
manually if needed), then the problem shoud dispapper.

Regards

Bruno