Re: [Question #662020]: unable to run yade after compiling process

Hello Azim,

just some comments, see the end of this message for final solution:

> I am a new user of ubuntu and Yade(ubuntu 14.04)

I recommend to use a newer version, e.g. 16.04 LTS, but it should not be
critical..

> The first error I got, was as [2]. I did not know what to do, so I
ignored that and continued the compiling process.

ignoring errors is usually not very good idea..

> installed mandatory package:
> sudo apt-get install python-gts
> sudo apt-get install libopenblas-dev libsuitesparse-metis-dev

libopenblas-dev libsuitesparse-metis-dev are NOT mandatory

> 1) Is there any problem in my compiling process[1]?

not really but in general ignoring errors is usually not very good
idea..

> 2) what does this error mean and what should I do[2]?

this error means what it says, but as the package it is not mandatory,
you can ignore it

> 3) I used to open yade by typing ‘’yade’’ or ‘’yade simulation.py’’ in
terminal . Did I do wrong?? if yes! What is the substitution of typing
‘’yade’’ and ‘’yade simulation.py’’?

yade executables are now installed in /home/azim/built/bin, with name
yade-2017-10-26.git-c434d0a, so you need:

1) put /home/azim/built/bin in your PATH variable (let us know if you are new to it)
2) instead of 'yade' use 'yade-2017-10-26.git-c434d0a'

cheers