Re: [Question #662276]: yade --check

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Azim,

I gather you are compiling from sources? Which Linux release are you
using?

>I added FlowEngine to my simulation loop in ""Inspector""

I do not recommend adding engines through the inspector. Add FlowEngine
using scripting as shown in oedometer.py and DEM-PFV-check.py.

Q1) I think there is a problem in DEM-PFV-check.py and
checkLiquidMigration.py. any help for solving this problem is
appreciated (if it is still a problem, I don't know yet)?

LIQMIGRATION is not enabled in your compilation. It needs to be enabled
in your compilation if you want to use it in Yade.

DEM-PFV appears to have some small problems. FlowEngine is being engaged; it passes most of the DEM-PFV tests (modulus, permeability, final pressure, deformation). The difference in Qin and Qout is so small...it is almost enough to neglect but I think it is worth investigating a bit further. Please :
*detail your installation method
*test yadedaily --check works fine
*make sure you have updated libmetis-dev and libsuitesparse-dev from packages
* run yadeXXX -jN --check where N is the number of cores on your computer

Q2) what is the difference between FlowEngine and FlowEngineT???

FlowEngineT should not be used directly [1]. It exists for inheritance
purposes only.

Q3)is there any reference for being more familiar with flowEngine family and their suitable applications?:
(FlowEngine.....FlowEngineT......DNFFlowEngine....FlowEngine_PeriodicInfo)

Yes, the class reference [2].

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.FlowEngineT
[2]https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html