Re: [Question #662276]: yade --check

azim is still having a problem:
Hi Robert,

I am so grateful that you are helping me again.

>I gather you are compiling from sources? Which Linux release are you using?
yes, I did from sources. I am using Ubuntu 16.04

> I do not recommend adding engines through the inspector. Add FlowEngine using scripting as shown in oedometer.py and DEM-PFV-check.py.
I don't know the difference(you can tell me the difference or show me the path to get the answer), but I will do as you say.(you are more expert)

>LIQMIGRATION is not enabled in your compilation. It needs to be enabled in your compilation if you want to use it in Yade.
I want to work with DEM-PFV, if LIQMIGRATION is necessary for DEM-PFV,so please tell me how to enable it.

>*detail your installation method
my installation method is here[1]:
but here is a brief if it bother you to follow the link:

I installed the git package on my system:

git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:yade/trunk.git …….> /home/azim/trunk as usual

and added yade external ppa:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yade-users/external
sudo apt-get update

executed these commands:

sudo apt-get install cmake git freeglut3-dev libloki-dev \
libboost-all-dev fakeroot dpkg-dev build-essential g++ \
python-dev ipython python-matplotlib libsqlite3-dev python-numpy python-tk gnuplot \
libgts-dev python-pygraphviz libvtk6-dev python-numpy libeigen3-dev \
python-xlib python-pyqt5 pyqt5-dev-tools python-pyqt5.qtwebkit gtk2-engines-pixbuf python-argparse \
libqglviewer-dev python-imaging libjs-jquery python-sphinx python-git python-bibtex \
libxmu-dev libxi-dev libcgal-dev help2man libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev python-minieigen

installed mandatory package:

sudo apt-get install python-gts
sudo apt-get install libopenblas-dev libsuitesparse-metis-dev

I made the directory named ‘built’ as follow: /home/azim/trunk/built
then I called cmake to cofigure the simulation like this:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/azim/trunk/built /home/azim/trunk
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/azim/trunk/built /home/azim/trunk

And finally:

make
make install

cd /home/azim/built//bins
./yade-2017-10-26.git-c434d0a

>*test yadedaily --check works fine
I did so, this is the result:
yadedaily: command not found

Q) does yadedaily work when installing from sources???

>*make sure you have updated libmetis-dev and libsuitesparse-dev from
packages

of course i had this error during installation process:
E: Package 'libsuitesparse-metis-dev' has no installation candidate
how can I update them??
I tried "sudo apt-get install libsuitesparse-dev" and "sudo apt-get install libmetis-dev" but it made no difference.

>* run yadeXXX -jN --check where N is the number of cores on your computer
I did, it shows the same result as ''yadexxx --check" ,as I did before.(showed above)
Q) N is for my system,being curious, I tried N=4,8,9 but it works and shows the same result.how??

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/662020

thanks again,

Azim