Re: [Question #661250]: I am trying to simulate uniaxial compression with DEM on yade. I would like to know how to introduce the hertz mindlin contact model to my model. Also, I need the model to be parallel bonded model, how do I do that in the python script?

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello,

Surely, there is no need to post the same error 100s of times to this
forum. Please avoid spamming the thread like this in the future.

The error says it all:

--> 160 print 'Strengths fc=%g, ft=%g,
|fc/ft|=%g'%(fc,ft,abs(fc/ft))

ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

At line 160, it is encountering a float division by zero. You are
dividing fc by ft. ft is defined as:

ft = max(sigma)

Since you are doing only compression, your maximum sigma is 0. You can
do both modes by changing:

doModes=2 to 3.

Or you can just comment out line 160 if you want to keep doModes=2.

Best,

Robert