Re: [Question #665350]: The parameter (en, es )of the DMT model

Chiara Modenese proposed the following answer:
Hi,

If you are looking to use the DMT model for adhesive particles, this is
a simple extension of the Hertz Mindlin formulation. The Hertzian
contact relationship is shifted down by the adhesive force. You can
check this on the literature, or at page 39, 40 of my PhD thesis [*].

The adhesive force should already be implemented in the current version
of the HertzMindlin.cpp contact law and it is a function of gamma.
Apologies if this has not been documented properly but it should work
fine if you are familiar with Yade. If you need further assistance, let
me know and I can provide you with a sample script.

HTH,
Chiara
[*] http://www.eng.ox.ac.uk/civil/publications/theses/modenese_pdf